XI Latvian Gastroenterology Congress with International participation / Abstract submission
Abstracts could be submitted only in English!!!
Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for XI Latvian Gastroenterology Congress with international participation. An exciting innovation this year is the award for the top scoring abstracts submitted.
Rules for submission
Participants are invited to submit original scientific abstracts provided that the abstracts have not been previously published as a full paper. Note that abstracts presented previously at national or international meetings may be submitted providing this is declared, but that we particularly welcome work not previously presented at international meetings. Abstracts will not be published, but the best abstracts authors will have an opportunity to transfer their abstract to th manuscript and publish in special issue of Latvian Academy of Science, which is cited in SCOPUS and several Web of Science databases!!!
Accepted abstracts will be published electronically. Gastroenterology Support Society require an Exclusive Licence to publish the accepted abstracts which you need to grant on behalf of all authors to the abstract as part of your submission of an abstract for IX Latvian Gastroenterology Congress. Deadline for submission is extended till 25.12.2023
The abstracts must be written in a good English. Authors whose native language is not English are strongly advised to have their abstract checked by an English-speaking colleague prior to submission. Abstracts that do not conform to standard English style, usage or grammar will be returned to the authors. Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts. Only abstracts from registered participants will be reviewed. Notification of acceptance or rejection by the XI LGC Scientific Committee will be mailed to the submitting author at the e-mail address supplied on the submission form by early December 2021. Bearing in mind the various security measures and firewalls, please ensure that e-mails can reach you by adapting your spam filter accordingly.
Steps how to submit an Abstract
- Topic of the abstract should be devoted to one of the following: gastroenterology, hepatology, dietology and nutrition, endoscopy, surgical gastroenterology, gastroenterological oncology, metabolism, pathology in gastroenterology, gastrointestinal radiology, genetic aspects in gastroenterology, microbiota, iron deficiency anemia, pediatric gastroenterology.
- Abstracts may be submitted only electronically by using the online form.
- Abstracts sent by mail, email or fax will not be accepted.
- On the website you will find detailed instructions regarding the submission procedures (also see below for more details).
- The length of the abstract should not exceed 350 words (excluding authors list, conflict of interest).
- The Internet submission form will automatically reject abstracts that do not conform to these guidelines.
- Only fully submitted abstracts written in a good English from registered participants will be considered for review.
- The submission system will generate a temporary submission number that must be used in all correspondence. If you do not receive this number immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been registered.
- Abstract should be structured. Arrangement of the article: Introduction, Study aim, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- Maximum of 8 authors could be mentioned in the abstract authors list.
- First author is automatically the corresponding author.
Conflict of interest
It is in the intent of Gastroenterology Support Society to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflict of interest for all authors during the abstract submission.